Sunday, September 7, 2008

The strangest thing I've ever seen

As the kids and I were walking around the park yesterday morning, we came across the strangest thing I've ever seen.

Walking along the pavement with us down by the golf club was a lobster. Missing one of it's front claws, but getting along just fine with only one claw on it's right side (and all those little things on the left that I did not realise were LEGS!) was an 8-inch lobster.

Did I mention that it was walking along the pavement?

We stopped and stared at it for a couple of minutes, mainly because I just could not believe what I was seeing.

I don't know how long lobsters survive outside water, but I am pretty sure that one didn't last long, and made someone a great breakfast.

It was so weird. Let me say that again. WEIRD!!!

7 comments:

Kristie K. said...

Really? I one armed lobster? The lobsters I meet on my walks ALWAYS have two claws....

Board Nerd said...

Wow, I'm sure Jeff was disappointed you didn't bring it home for the BBQ!

I saw a Haggis the other day, they run so fast, it's very rare to see one.

Jaimers said...

That is bazaar! Simon had a rat scurry along side him on the sidewalk before, but never a lobster! One of those things that you probably won't find anyone else has ever experienced!

shari berry bo-berry said...

Ok, so Vanessa and I have seen two lobsters by the sidewalk at mile square...SO WEIRD! We can't figure out where they're coming from!!!

Carrie said...

I am glad to see that you are walking, now only with ellie probably, but I sure do miss having someone to excersise with. Those walks were definately very thearaputic and I sure could use that right now.

Louise said...

Alex, you are FANTASTIC!! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog - it made me roar with laughter and was just the tonic!! Thank you! I am going to say no!

Tyler and Karen Davis said...

hmmm. Interesting. Are you watching too much Sponge Bob?