Monday, September 15, 2008

On teachers...

Adam is - so far - really enjoying school. I've been wondering how long this would continue and waiting for the 'how long do I have to go to school?' question, that every kid must ask at some point. We hit that point today. On the way home in the car he asked 'how long will I be going to school so much?' I told him till he's 18. He said 'I'll be going to a different school, right?'

'Yes.'

'And I'll have a different teacher?'

'Yes.'

'Well, she better not be old. With wrinkles on her face. I don't like that kind of teacher. She better look like a good teacher with no wrinkles.'

The school is still sorting out numbers and class sizes. He started out the first week in Mrs D's class, spent last week in Mrs R's class, and this morning I found out that he volunteered to be one of the two kids who will move into Mrs H's class, to even up the numbers. Mrs D, Mrs R, and Mrs H are all young, skinny, pretty, and blonde.

He has clearly formed very decided opinions on what constitutes a good teacher. There'd just better be no wrinkles. That's all.

5 comments:

LeBaron Family said...

hahah
That's too funny!

Jennifer B. said...

Priceless.

shari berry bo-berry said...

isn't that funny that at such a young age we are already judging by appearances? Jakob has YET to say anything regarding how his teachers look...and also had YET to have an old wrinkly teacher!

Jaimers said...

Typical man! What a confusing idea for the teachers to keep changing, though. I'm surprised he could make a decision at all with the sound of his choices!

Louise said...

That is hilarious!! I'm so happy you recorded this - it is going to make interesting reading when he reaches the age of marrying his spouse!! ;o)