Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First day of school!



Today was Adam's first day of school. He's doing a pre-K program and will start Kindergarten proper next year, but this year he's basically doing half-day Kindergarten.

He was excited to go - woke up at 6:45am, came bounding in, and announced that it was time to go to school. When I dropped him off there was a line to get signed in one by one. The child in front of us was having difficulties and had to be separated from his parents and dragged inside the classroom by the teacher. However, Adam having watched all this didn't seem to be affected by it. When it was his turn he went straight into his classroom and so I ended up shouting goodbye to the back of his head as he went off exploring. No lingering goodbyes for us!

He had a great day in school - his teacher said so. He talked in the car all the way home about everything he had done. The most best best thing that happened, though (according to him) was that he was able to recognise and point out his own name on the class chart. He said his teacher was really pleased that he could do that. All in all, we're off to a good start!

7 comments:

KRISTIE VB said...

Wow!! Big Day for Adam. I am so happy it went well and he had a great time. I think this will be a great experience for him though hard on the mommy to watch him go.

Judy and Mike said...

Wow, he woke up early at 6:45. That is sleeping in for my grandsons. Mason woke up at 5:30 his first day of school. Happy to hear Adam had a good day. Alex, I am sure you had a great morning.

Monique said...

Cool! I'm glad it went well! From what I remember of him, he seemed ready for his next challenge! I'm sure Ellie will be pining to go to school soon too (once the novelty of having mummy all to herself wears off ;)

Kristie K. said...

Hooray! Great job on reconizing his name. I love his 'proud' face-it's too cute!

Board Nerd said...

ohh, I've just found out I don't need to log into leave comments. Adam is a stud by the way. Enjoy the extra time with your soon-to-be nemesis!!!

Tiffany J said...

Love the first day photo! I can't believe all these kids in our ward are getting big enough to attend school! I hope he continues to have a great experience!!

Julie said...

Yeah, Adam! Braden basically told me to go away the first time I dropped him off at preschool. Do you love that independence, hate it or fear it?