Painting the house was a massive job. It essentially took 7 or 8 full days, which worked out as 2 months of working every Saturday, all day. Right after the garden went in Jeff pressure washed all the fascia and most of the old paint fell off - which was part of the plan for paint prep, but I was a little annoyed that we only looked good for a couple of days!
![]() |
| One of the more fiddly bits |
It seems like painting should be easy, and mostly it is, but then there is hours and hours of fiddly cutting in to do. So the main colour went on fast, and then it took a surprisingly long time to get all the touch ups and cutting in done.
I don't love it when Jeff climbs up ladders. To reach the peak at the back of the house (about 22 feet up) we had to put the ladder on a couple of big fascia pieces balanced across the hot tub part of the pool. So that was fun. Not. But entirely safe according to Jeff. Also not. But at least it's done!
I love the new paint. I love that it's not lime green anymore. We finally look respectable!





No comments:
Post a Comment