Saturday, May 9, 2020

1st day of school

Here is our obligatory picture of the first day of school - astonishingly, with all of them starting on the same day for the first time in years!


Adam - sophomore year. He has mounted a long campaign to be allowed to join the marching band and he can hardly wait. He's not too bothered about school, but he's excited about band.


Ellie - freshman year. I'm not sure how she feels about high school; she seems not too concerned at this point. Has been dragged into the band by Adam; hated band camp; we will see how this goes.


Kate - 5th grade. She can't wait for school to start. She's been excited for days. She's so excited she even wanted me to drive to school the other day to find out what class Nicholas is going to be in. Nicholas didn't want to know at that point and Kate was astonished that I wasn't going to go and find out. She's talked about nothing but school for the last week, and her outfit has been planned down to the last detail. This one loves school.



Nicholas - 3rd grade. Honestly, I'm just grateful he's up on time and has shoes that fit this year. Even if he said he hated them (although he picked them out) because he said they were 'so bright they would make people's eyes bleed.'


After I  took this picture I took him back inside and tried to comb his hair down. Then for the rest of the day every time I looked at it I laughed and laughed. This is possibly one of my favourite pictures of Nicholas, ever.


No comments: