Shortly after we moved in, Jeff got bored one Saturday and pulled out the linen cupboard. It was old and ugly, and had a big pointless shelf in the middle (what for?? To display your towels??? I couldn't figure it out). It was so old and yellowed that it just didn't feel clean (even though it was, I had scrubbed it out before we moved in). So I wasn't sorry to see it go.
 |
| Linen cupboard 1.0 |
But then we didn't have a linen cupboard, and were left with a big old hole at the top of the stairs.
We had an old dresser which the kids weren't using any more just sitting in our bedroom, so that then became the linen cupboard and we have lived with piles of sheets and towels on display for the last year.
 |
| Linen cupboard 1.5 |
There were always plans to rebuild the linen cupboard... and they have finally come to fruition. It took quite a while to build - probably because it is enormous! So big that I deliberately left the house to run errands while it was being dragged up the stairs and squeezed around a corner to fit in the gap. Jeff has done an amazing job with it. The gaping hole in the wall at the top of the stairs is finally gone. Every time I go upstairs I am struck by how clean and finished it looks without that hole there!
 |
| Linen cupboard 2.0 |
It's so tall I can't actually reach the top! But every last sheet, pillowcase and towel that we own is tucked away in there. There's even room for more - one of the drawers is still totally empty. It looks so good!
1 comment:
Finally, more house updates. Do you know how long I've been waiting for these? Well, since the last time you posted one, obviously, which was aaaaaagggggeeeeeessssssss ago :)
Post a Comment