Tuesday, May 1, 2018

House report 29: Windows again

The windows are all done!

Well... mostly. There's a weird triangle window in the front room we didn't do, and we didn't do our bedroom because when we do the bathroom we'll move walls and when we move walls we'll probably move windows too...

But this weekend Jeff put the trim on the insides of the windows that we installed six months ago and so we can count them as all done! I don't think I took any pictures of how they looked when they were installed... but the gaps around the edges and the nails holding them in are now covered by trim and they look great.

The back wall is entirely done, and I love it. It changes the way the house looks!



This is fast becoming my favourite room in the house, and the wall of windows has a lot to do with it. It is so light and airy in the mornings, it almost makes me not want to put blinds on the windows! I am looking forward to the day when we're no longer looking at the Black Lagoon outside, and when this room gets the bookcases I've been promised on either side of the fireplace it will definitely be my favourite room in the house.













No comments: