Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Nocturnal visitors

The other night we had a little visitor at about 4am. I lay there pretending to be asleep so I would not have to get up and deal with whatever it was, and it occurred to me that we used to be routinely disturbed at night, but that really doesn't happen much any more.

As it turned out, it was just Nicholas needing a cuddle. So he climbed into bed for a few minutes and had a cuddle with his Dad. I was lying there still pretending to be asleep and listening to the conversation, and thinking about the days when there was constant traffic through our bed at night, all wanting cuddles for various reasons, and how sweet those little warm bodies were. Finally Nicholas said that he was going to go back to bed and off he went.

Because it doesn't happen that much any more, I had forgotten that there is usually a price to be paid for nocturnal visits. Nicholas proved this point when he came back about ten seconds later and said 'Oh Dad, I nearly forgot to tell you, I puked in my bed.'


1 comment:

Jennifer B. said...

Hysterical! But not for Jeff . . .