Last week there was a day, I forget which, when Kate and Nicholas were wanting to go to the playground but there was nobody available to supervise, so I told them to go and play out front, where they could be seen, heard, and allegedly supervised by me, inside the house.
Ha.
They played out front happily for ages. At some point one of them came in and grabbed the sidewalk chalk and went back out. There was a lot of giggling and at one point I may have heard somebody say 'Don't ask her how to spell it!'
Then Kate came in and said 'Come and see what we've done outside!' She was so excited to show me, and I'm still a little sad that my response was not what she expected. But not too sad. She got what she deserved!
I walked out of the house, and was greeted by a great swathe of pavement covered in giant pictures of bums, all helpfully labelled 'bum' with big arrows pointing to them. There were at least six or seven enormous bums all carefully drawn and labelled. The instant I saw them I had to turn around. I would have walked back in to the house except I was trying so hard not to laugh that I could barely move.
Sadly for Kate and Nicholas, who were highly delighted with their artwork, they got a parent who was controlled but firm, who taught them in no uncertain terms what was and was not appropriate for pavement drawings outside our house, and who made them sweep it all up.
And then I came back inside and laughed my socks off.
There's no picture, because I was reading the riot act to them and it would have diluted the message if I had stopped to take a picture of it all. Though I really wish I had. It was awesome. I wonder what the neighbours thought!
Wednesday, March 30, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment