What is missing from this picture?
Plastic plates, that's what's missing! (and some more dinner plates than Ikea has run out of and will eventually go in the bottom left hand corner whenever they're back in stock.)
When we stayed with Mark and Kate this summer, I noticed that they used proper dishes. I was so impressed, because her kids are younger than mine! In our house until very recently we relied heavily on plastic plates and bowls. So, inspired by my sister-in-law Kate, I have decided that the children are old enough and we got rid of all of our plastic plates and bowls. All of them!
The only difference that I've noticed so far is that we can't fling our plates into the sink with quite such abandon anymore. It used to be that when you were close enough, you could sort of toss whatever you were carrying in the general direction of the sink and hope for the best. That definitely won't work any more!
The next step in this plan is to get rid of the plastic cups and switch to glasses. Wish us luck!
Friday, January 22, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment