Saturday, December 20, 2014

Happy Christmas!

I cannot remember the last time December was this easy. I haven't been busy with extra stuff at all.  Nobody has been ill so far this month. All of our Christmas shopping is done, and we are fully stocked with English chocolates already. We might even get our wrapping done before midnight on Christmas Eve at this rate! 

Last week we went to a Nativity Festival at church (they called it a Creche Festival, which I just can't bring myself to do, and the bishop made sure to specifically tell me that I wasn't allowed to drop my kids off and it wasn't a real creche, just in case of any misunderstanding!). They had nearly 300 nativity sets on display and a live nativity outside - which I loved. Kate and Nicholas sat with us and watched the whole thing very intently. There was also an art room with original paintings on display, and a family room where the littles spent absolutely ages colouring pictures - and having their pictures taken. There were dress-ups. Nicholas made a beeline for the crown and insisted on having his picture taken as a wise man. He was so excited to be wearing that crown; he was just beaming as his picture was taken.


Then Kate wanted to dress up as an angel and Ellie tagged along as Mary.


Happy, happy Christmas from our very relaxed household to yours.

2 comments:

Board Nerd said...

Even across the pond I have felt your supreme calm relaxation and preparedness. Thank you...

Jennifer B. said...

Sounds like you are ready for a wonderful Christmas. I hope it's lovely!!