Before I post pictures of the new kitchen, with the new floor, let us remind ourselves of how awful it was before....
I forgot to take pictures until after we had already started the demolition process, so it was extra cluttered when I took these pictures. And you can't even see the linoleum floor. But you can see the counter return and just about see the ridiculously small space....
And now?
The new floor makes all the difference! Jeff was itching to get it done, and I was quite happy with old lino and bare concrete, because it didn't affect how the kitchen functioned. I wasn't bothered about rushing on the floor. But I have to say that I love the new floor and he was right! It does make a huge difference.
You can't really see it in the pictures, but the walls are painted grey. I had about 20 grey swatches stuck up on the walls for weeks and weeks, and finally whittled it down to about five, then we just ran out of time and had to pick one. So we sweated it over it for a couple of days, picked one, headed to Home Depot where a totally different grey swatch caught Jeff's eye and he said 'Hey! Let's do this!' and immediately bought a gallon of it. Without checking it in different lights, or whether it would work with the backsplash, or the orange wall on the left. And it's beautiful! It's my new favourite colour in the house.
It just feels like there is acres of space. I love it!
The backsplash was fiddly but Jeff is a pro. Although it comes on 12x12 sheets and allegedly lays down in nice straight lines, this is not quite true. There were a few spots in the kitchen where we had to stick it on tile by tile. Lots of fun.
I love the new kitchen. I think it is my new favourite room in the house.... even considering the fact that I have to prepare three meals a day in there. Which speaks volumes!

4 comments:
Simply gorgeous! I'm so happy for you!!
Wahoo! It's gorgeous!
It looks divine! Are you going to have a party to show it off? I want to come! :D
a thing of beauty! a work of art! LOVE IT!!!!! that countertop is gorgeous! I love it all!! you deserve it darling :)
Post a Comment