Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Birthday to Jeff!

Today is Jeff's birthday. We celebrated last night because everyone was coming over for Fast Sunday dinner, so it seemed like the best time. I made him a MONSTER birthday cake. It even had cherries on the top! I don't have any pictures of it before we cut into it, but it was a good looking cake. At least before half of the topping on the top landslipped off down one side. I need to work on my level-layering skills.


Jeff deserved a great cake - two weeks ago our back slider broke. Given that we are in the middle of a kitchen remodel we went with a new back slider instead of repairing the old grungy one. And actually I don't know if  it could have been repaired. It just stopped sliding and the only way to open the door was to actually physically pick it up out of the groove and move it over.

Jeff decided at about 3pm on a Saturday to replace it.


 And it was all over by bedtime. Well done to Jeff!


 May is a crazy month in this house. We have three birthdays to get through. Though I think the standard of cakes will only decline rather than improve! That was a monster cake and I don't think I'm going to top it for a while!

3 comments:

Keri and Neal said...

The door looks great but the cake looks even better!

Melissa said...

That cake looks MARVELOUS! I am a chocolate and cherry nut! He is so impressive with the repair skills!

Board Nerd said...

Alex, you should provide an English translation service with your posts. I went through the whole post wondering what a back slider is, thanks for the picture clarification!