Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pinewood Derby

 Last week - just before we went out of town - was the Pinewood Derby. Adam loves the Pinewood Derby, and making up the car is always a real production in this house. It takes ages. This year, Adam got to play with power tools on his car! 


He was really proud of it when he was done. It was a pretty snazzy looking car, it had a big fin on the back end and a driver, which was the one thing that Adam really insisted on.


There are no pictures of his car in action. Jeff had to take all four children to the Pinewood Derby by himself, because I was at the last unmissable rehearsal before the choir and orchestra went to the ACDA conference... and I cannot fault him for not taking any pictures. I wouldn't have either. In fact I probably wouldn't have gone by myself!

Adam's car placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd in his three races. I don't think he really cared about the placements, he had had a blast hanging out in the garage with his Dad and staying up late to get it done. Which is more important than winning! 


1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's what it's all about right? He'll remember that more than the placement/winning.