Monday, March 4, 2013

Kitchen progress

Our kitchen is coming along slowly but surely, so I thought it was time for a kitchen update post!

All the cabinets are in and set. Toe-kicks are on, and the only thing missing at this point is handles. I know what I want, it's just a question of finding them and then waiting six months for Jeff to put them on.

 Here is one end of the kitchen with fridge and microwave back in place.


In order to make the cabinets fit the space we had to put a three inch spacer next to the microwave.

E

Except... it's not a spacer! I seriously love this!


Here's the other length of the kitchen.... just ignore nappy Nicholas. We have a dishwasher again is the important point! After a month with no dishwasher, and then a couple of weeks with no sink, I am very very grateful to have a dishwasher again. What a difference it makes!


Once again we had to put a three inch spacer between the cupboards...


and once again it's not just a spacer! What? You mean I get to buy swanky new spoons and utensils as well as swanky new cupboards? Why yes please! (Clearly I haven't bought them yet, but I have big plans for this little cupboard!)


We are currently on hiatus until we pick out a countertop. Which is a nightmare. But remember that temporary plank counter I was promised? I have seen no sign of it yet. But this is a truly ugly piece of counter that Jeff took out of a customer's house. It does the job.


And this is cardboard. Planks would be luxury compared to this! It is an interesting working surface...



I am looking forward to the day when we are no longer camping out in our kitchen. But we are making significant progress!

4 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Wonderful progress! The cabinets are beautiful and I love your use of space. Clever!

Our family said...

Looks awesome! Hang in there!

shari berry bo-berry said...

so awesome!!!!!!!! love it all!!!

Melissa said...

Looks great!