Ellie turned seven on Tuesday. Where has the time gone? It seems like only a little while ago that she was a screaming, screaming baby.... always furious about something, mostly about being tired. She would never settle to sleep and screamed herself to sleep every time until she found her thumb when she was four months old. That was bliss.
Now, it is a giant pain in the neck, and I shout 'THUMB!' about two hundred times a day to remind her to pull it out. I don't even have to see her, I just shout it if I haven't said it in the last five minutes, and about once a day she says 'It's not in my mouth!' and she's all indignant and surprised that I could possibly suspect that it might be. Ha. Hopefully by next year we will have this habit beaten!
She got roller skates from Nana which have been a big hit. She has been out on them every day, even if she is not likely to win any speed competitions any time soon. She is doing well by managing to stay upright at this point!
She has been begging for paints for a while now. The little paint packs that you get with colouring books never last, and so I bit the bullet and bought her some actual paints. They came with brushes and a little palette to mix the colours with. A few days before her birthday she announced that she was going to need a beret as well, as all artists wear berets. She was very clear on this point.
She had a great day!
Friday, August 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow. She is stunning! And that pic with Kate? Oh my. Watch out boys! The Van Boerum girls are going to be heartbreakers!
What a cutie! I can't believe she's 7!
Love the pic of her in the beret. Too cute :)
WOAH!!!!!!! Your Englishness has really worn off here....... Sandals and SOCKS!!!! WOAH!!!! I never thought I'd see anyone but an Englishman wearing that combo!!!
love the sister picture!!! And so glad she got the beret! OF COURSE she needs one if she is going to paint real pictures. What a doll...
Post a Comment