On Saturday, the last piece of ugly, wide, worse-than-useless metal banisters left the house. For a couple of weeks now, there has only been one piece left, on the top landing, in this spot.
This was the piece that Kate fell through and so it was quite appropriate that we got rid of it on Saturday, her third birthday. Good riddance, ugly unsafe banisters! Jeff threw it out into the dumpster and I was happy to see it go!
So now we have an almost complete set of banisters. Even though it took some creative work techniques,
I am very happy to see banisters in this spot.
Most especially because Nicholas had just figured out how to get past the safety net.
There are a couple of spots where there is a single baluster missing. Jeff and I both looked at these spots and agreed that no kids could fit through them. Nicholas has been quite keen to prove us wrong.
Jeff says he started this project on Memorial Day weekend last year, so he has two weekends to go to finish it inside of a year - which I think would be his fastest project ever! However long it takes I think it was worth waiting for.
Monday, May 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it looks so beautiful!!!!!!
Post a Comment