The Easter Bunny brought baskets as usual, though I have to say that the Easter Bunny is very inconsistent. Some years the baskets are hidden outside, and some years they are hidden inside. It all depends. On what, I cannot say, because kids are reading this blog now. But this year was an inside year, and the kids cannot figure out why the Easter Bunny is not consistent. Nor can their mother.
We managed to get all kids dressed and to church. Not quite on time. I literally ran in, threw Nicholas in a pew, asked Judy Dailey who was sitting in the pew behind to make sure he didn't fall off, and ran up to the organ and sat down as the meeting started. Jeff and the other kids made it in by the end of the first hymn. It is rare that we are on time enough for me to play prelude music, but this is the level of service I can deliver. I did feel a little guilty about it yesterday though!
Kate and Ellie looked totally cute. I made them matching lacy ruffle skirts, which you can't really see in this picture, but they were cute!
We had lots of family over for dinner - lots! I counted 21 people. I really don't know how 21 people fitted in my tiny house, but they did. Having an outside kid's table really, really helps!
Nicholas enjoyed his dinner. He enjoyed it to the point that if it had been a little warmer, I would have just taken him out back and hosed him down!
The Easter Bunny brought me a present too - banisters! Not a full set, but enough to stop kids falling off the stairs. Not that anyone has so far, but there were a lot of kids here yesterday and we wanted to keep them all safe!
I am looking forward to having a full set!
1 comment:
Oh 9am church is hard. Can't imagine with 4 little ones. I'm sure your services is very appreciated. You'll have to let us in on your E. Bunny theory next time I see you. I'm curious. :D
Post a Comment