Adam is doing great. He spends as little time as possible doing homework and as much time as possible playing out at the park. He loves choir and he loves scouts. He looks even smarter now that Jeff magically produced his own cub scout cap and necktie from a box in the attic! Adam is quite chuffed that he's wearing some of his Dad's old scout things.
Ellie is losing teeth at an alarming rate.
There are more gaps than there are teeth right now!
We had corn on the cob for dinner last Sunday and she was chewing it practically up by her ear; there are just no teeth left in the front! But it is totally cute and I love her gappy smile.
Kate LOVES Diego. Unfortunately, she also loves to act out the things she sees on Diego. She especially likes to rescue Nicholas from the muddy mud. Which means that she puts Nicholas in the muddy mud quite a lot in order to rescue him from it. The muddy mud is now home to four tomato plants and Kate is quite put out that she can no longer play in it.
She got herself dressed the other day.
If you look closely, you will see that her yellow skirt is actually one of Ellie's t-shirts, being worn with the neck hole around her waist. Unfortunately, while I was waiting for the camera battery to charge she took off her one sandal and her one black leather Sunday shoe, and her odd socks, and her blue Rambo sweatband, but the t-shirt skirt is still pretty awesome.
Little Master Yoda is an absolute doll.
He loved his frosted sugar cookie that we made for Valentine's Day;
and he looks like he enjoyed his banana and Nutella pancakes on Shrove Tuesday; though I think he enjoyed unrolling the pancake strips and flinging them around the kitchen more than he enjoyed eating them.
The stairs are coming along nicely. The mouldings are all done and Jeff is moving on to the banisters. We desperately need new ones, not least because Nicholas now climbs up the outside of the first couple of steps to get past the baby-gate, and climbs in through the stupid ridiculously wide banisters, and heads upstairs. We have balusters and handrails, we just need Jeff to figure out how to put them up. Most particularly at this spot.
My choices when I catch him here are to a) scream NO! over and over very loudly; b) run around and up the stairs and hope I get to him before he comes out any further; c) both of the above; or d) take a picture. In my defence, I do scream and yell while taking said pictures. And the Adam & Ellie rescue squad is usually on the way.
But I really, really want those stairs to be finished!
2 comments:
Sometimes I wonder if I should post when there really isn't anything going on. I think when I look back, I'll be glad I did. It makes for a good balance, and with things like loosing teeth and heart stopping baby adventures, they are gone all too quickly. I love looking back at scrapbooks filled with pictures of ordinary days. :)
if only nicholas could cry for help in spanish, Kate would come get him...
Post a Comment