These were the glory days...

...and I know now that I will never top this. Never.
Last year Nicholas was all of two weeks old and I was still horribly ill and so I did nothing for Halloween. Adam was a transformer and Ellie was a witch, both in costumes provided by other people. I can't even remember what Kate was.
I do feel guilty about last year's lack of effort, but clearly not guilty enough to think about it in time to do a theme for this year. I did make marginally more effort and made Ellie's Red Riding Hood cloak from scratch. She had to be persuaded into being Red Riding Hood. She wanted to be Ariel, but I thought that a mermaid tail might be beyond me, given that I was starting on the 25th and had only a couple of days to pull it all together.
So this year, we were a pumpkin, a purple dragon, Red Riding Hood, and a mad scientist, complete with lab coat, goggles and a pocket full of pens.
Kate had a blast trick or treating. She came away from every door astonished that she had been given more candy - 'I got ANOTHER one!' - though the downside of it all is that we have spent most of today in a running battle over why she cannot have a piece of candy every time that she announces she is hungry. I am very, very tempted to just get rid of it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment