Thursday, March 17, 2011

Journal of the Plague Week



This picture pretty much sums up the end of last week. One by one, day by day each child succumbed to a stomach bug, until by Saturday we were all either ill or recovering and spent the whole day in jammies.

Everyone got off fairly mildly (if throwing up can ever be called 'mild') except Ellie, who vomited for two days straight (Quote of the week: 'Mum, when I puke my feet rattle.') She had it so bad that after two days of not even keeping water down I called Urgent Care and they told me to take her in to be assessed at the children's hospital ER. Jeff was nowhere to be found and by the time he was tracked down two and a half hours later Ellie was managing to keep Pedialyte down, which was major progess and we decided to stay home.

By Sunday, Kate and Nicholas had moved seamlessly on from puking to congestion and coughing.

It was a rough few days. It was the first time that all four of them have been ill at once. Having experienced it once, I now live in dread of it ever happening again! I expect it would have been easier if I had not been puking and coughing right along with them all...

2 comments:

Monique said...

Sorry to hear that you were all ill. We've got colds going around here. I took Isaac in for his jabs but found out he had an ear infection, so no jabs just an anti-biotic. Taking Nathan in tomorrow for a check, just in case!
Hope all feel well soon!

Melissa said...

How awful. Is it me or is the illness thing really bad lately??? Glad you are all on the mend.