Friday, October 15, 2010

It's a Boy!!

Jeff tells me people are clamouring for pictures, so here are some pictures of baby No Name Yet... he was born 13th Oct at 7:16am, weighing in at 9lb 8oz and 20 and a half inches long.




Isn't he just the cutest thing ever?

Here he is again, just in case you aren't sure yet...

I have been pretty sure that he was a boy all along, but we have been careful to manage the children's expectations, just in case. Adam announced a couple of weeks ago that he would like to go and live with the Kerrs (a 3 boy household) because he was sick of being the only boy, and Ellie has been very adamant for several months now that because Adam has a girlfriend who is Kate, she needs her very own boyfriend of a baby. So every time I said 'well, it could be a sister' it was not very well received by either of them!

Adam and Kate get along so well, and Kate from day one has been a little clone of Adam. I was secretly hoping all along for a little boy who looked like Ellie, and that is exactly what we got. He is precious!

Introductions went well... Adam and Ellie both love him to bits already. Lots of kissing going on.





Kate getting her first pokes in...



We will announce a name when we've thought of one! It honestly feels like an achievement to have escaped the hospital without having filled in that wretched form. I just hate the pressure of that deadline! We now have until Monday to get it done, so watch this space!





15 comments:

Louise said...

Oh he is SO handsome!! Seriously one of the most attractive newborns I have ever seen. But Alex, how on earth did you deliver a baby that size?!!! You have my full respect! ;o)

And congratulations - I am so THRILLED for you!! Well done!!!!

REGS said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He is PERFECT and so beautiful! I am so happy for you guys! Seth is a good strong name, one of Adam's righteous sons in the bible. Just a suggestion. It is a nice name, I think. I don't have any other's right now. Good luck with the naming. It was always a long process for us too. We take a few days to decide. Good job and congrats! Hugs too! Let me know if you need anything, k?

Jennifer B. said...

Congratulations! What a truly handsome boy. I'm so happy for you!

Monique said...

He's beautiful. Well done pushing him out! He's 4oz heavier than Nathan was so I know what that was like!!! Good luck with the names, I'm sure you'll find the perfect one!

Little Things to do with your little guys said...

So happy for you! Good looking baby (some babies are not so cute, so good job). I love that you have no name yet. You could go Native American style and wait a year. Then call him "pushes my buttons" or "Eats all the time". You are awesome!

shari berry bo-berry said...

congratulations!!!! i can't wait to see him in person!

J said...

He is just beautiful!

Our family said...

We are thrilled for you! Another boy.... that is so exciting! I think Cole would've done anything to have had Kelsey be a boy! :)

SVB said...

He's precious, can't wait to meet him in person! I can't believe you escaped the hospital without a name either, they are so demanding about the stupid forms!!! CONGRATS!!!

Linda said...

Congrats to all of you! Big, beautiful October boys are the BEST! Hope you're feeling well and holding up...

Kristie K. said...

Alex!!!! He is stunning!!!
He looks like you and Ellie. He is so perfect. Can't wait to meet him. And of course we would have taken Adam, but glad the kids are happy ;)

Melissa said...

Yay Alex! I had no idea. I'm so happy for you all! Can't wait to hear the name!
xoxo

Rachel said...

How perfect. Two of each, well done you !! He is really cute and I love how he has chub already, I love those little thighs and cheeks...he is soooo kissable ! Congratulations to you all xxx

Tiffany J said...

Congratulations! He's SO cute!!! We're so excited for your family! Now Adam doesn't have to move out ha ha

Keri and Neal said...

Hooray! He's out! Congratulations and job well done.