Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer boredom - diagnosed!

Today Ellie has been coughing, a little. It was one of those stay at home, boring days where I get a lot done and once Adam's allowance of screen time (tv, computer, phone games, take your pick) has been used up then he moans on and on about how there is nothing to do.

So, this afternoon, Adam decides he is not feeling well. In reality, he is just bored, but after he had gone on for ages about how he doesn't feel well, and it is possible not to feel well without having a fever don't you know Mum, because remember that time that Dad said so, then Ellie starts chiming in about how she has a cough and she doesn't feel well either.

I had had just about enough so I said to them 'You're nothing but a pair of hypochondriacs, both of you!' Ellie looked at me and in a tone of total astonishment she says 'We BOTH have condriacsis? We BOTH???'

I laughed for ages. And yes, I think today they were both suffering from condriacsis, a little. Hopefully tomorrow will be more exciting!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think my kids would DIE without electronics. However, I am tempted to declare a no t.v./computer day just to see what they can come up with. How did we survive summer when we were young?