Why are they so fascinated??
I think every one of our children has loved the toilet... Adam was a splasher in toilets, Kate is a flusher, and Ellie is a dropper...
I don't remember Adam ever dropping anything in. When Ellie was a baby I fished out a few toys and lost a pedometer to the toilet, which wasn't cheap to replace, but I could just about live with the cost.
Because Kate enjoys flushing the toilet so much, we are super vigilant about closing doors and toilet seats and pretty much making sure that she never gets in. Last week I was in there cleaning when she toddled in behind me, thrilled that she could actually reach the toilet for once, and dropped Adam's Leapster in. It was soaked. I pulled it all apart immediately and let it dry in the sun for a few days. Adam was more horrified about the fact that it had been in the toilet than the fact that it might be broken, which was pretty funny!
I thought it was dead for sure, but when we put it all back together after about a week, miracle of miracles, it still worked.
Not even a whole week later, Ellie dropped her own Leapster in the toilet. We haven't yet figured out how. It is still getting the sun treatment, so please keep your fingers crossed that this one will recover, too. If it's dead, we can't afford to replace it anytime soon!
And hopefully, sometime soon, poor little Ellie will stop doing the things we expect from Kate. She's had a rough couple of weeks!
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Poor girl. Learning the hard way is the worst. My mom said that was how I learned which was probably why she wanted to throw me out a window so often. I truly don't remember being that awful. :) I can't wait for your kids to call you and ask you if they were ever as bad as _____ (their own baby). :D
Post a Comment