Friday, May 7, 2010

Kate in action

Last week, Kate learned to walk. She was slow, and quite wobbly. This week, Kate learned to walk fast. Sometimes her feet go faster than her brain and she falls over a lot, which is quite funny.



This week, Kate learned to climb out of her highchair, even while strapped in.



So now, she gets to eat lunch on the floor. I just put down a bowl of food, like she's a dog. Jeff says I should put down a water bowl as well, but a sippy cup is much less messy. Oh yes, and she also gets to eat naked. Because that's much less messy too.



This week, Kate learned how to climb over the baby gate. Yes, I said OVER the baby gate. Sometimes she pushes it over and just crawls over it and the stairs, and sometimes she scales it and goes over the top. Sometimes she doesn't make it and gets stuck sitting on the top, howling to be rescued. Sometimes she makes it over without anyone seeing and I start to wonder where she is and find her upstairs, where she should not be.



And next week is her birthday. One whole year. Can you believe it? If she is this active and getting into things she shouldn't already then I'm quite worried about what next year will bring!

7 comments:

Monique said...

You poor soul! Good luck keeping up!

Melissa Farr said...

Alex, I love it. Kaylynn had her Birthday on Friday. I can't believe she is 1 already. She is not walking yet though. She can climb the stairs so fast. Call me. I would love to chat. Melissa

Maria said...

Oh my gosh. I am so glad I am not the only one with an extremely active little one! My little guy sounds like he would get into a lot of mischief with Kate. She is so adorable though that you can't really get mad!!!

Jennifer B. said...

Fasten your seat belts! It looks like you're in for a fun ride :)

Tiffany J said...

She's a smart little cookie who can't be contained! ha ha I can't believe she's one! She's so adorable!

Melissa said...

I can't believe she is so grown up already! Sniff.

Judy and Mike said...

You are really in for it now!