Thursday, April 15, 2010

FREAKED OUT!!!

It is not every day that you are happily sitting at your computer doing nothing in particular and something catches your eye and you look down and see this not two feet from your own bare feet:



I just about had a cow.

I called Jeff and he told me to put something over it, but before I could do anything it had disappeared under the desk again. Besides which, this looked like a fairly hefty lizard and I was pretty sure that if I dropped a tupperware something on it to contain it, it was heavy enough that it would just keep moving with the tupperware on top, while I ran screaming around the kitchen.

In the end, I didn't have to do much and he took himself off to the great outdoors. Thank goodness.



But I think I will avoid sitting out on the back patio for a while.

9 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Yikes! That looks huge!

Judy and Mike said...

OMG that was huge! I would be screaming so loud I would scare it so badly that it would hide and never come out.

REGS said...

I would have freaked out! I don't mind reptiles and amphibians as much as insects and arachnids, but still, when they just pop up like that or are unexpectedly close to me, I freak out! It sounds like you handled yourself a lot better than I would have! Good job!

Melissa said...

Ewwwwwwww!

Our family said...

YIKES!!! That would've totally freaked me out!

Monique said...

I must admit I giggled when I read this, thinking of your reaction. Gosh I miss you!!! :D Well done at keeping it together!

Sarah said...

yikes, that is one nasty surprise.....Aidan would have wanted to catch it and keep it as a pet.

SVB said...

LOL...why didn't you catch him for Adam :0 He would have loved a pet lizard!

Jaimers said...

I know I'm a wierdo, but I miss having lizards crawling around the house. So much nicer than the rats and mice I get in my garage! I'd take those reptiles, anyday!