Oh happy day. I have dodged the gestational diabetes bullet... though I feel like I am in a scene from a movie where you can see the bullet coming at you in slow motion! Apparently my fasting sugar levels are too high, but I can handle any amount of glucose that they choose to throw at me.
The good news is that one bad level does not make you fail the test. So they want me to 'periodically retake' the three hour test - until I fail, I suppose! In doctor speak, I should consider myself as borderline diabetic, cut out all refined sugars, eat bedtime snacks to bring down the morning sugar levels... Translated into Alex-speak, this just means that if my morning levels are too high then I should stop trying to mainline chocolate intravenously for breakfast and everything will be fine!
Either way, I am not on the diet from hell and that will do for me!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yea!!! I'm really happy for you!
Yippee!! Take care of yourself! :)
I am afraid you won't be avaliable to take that test again. I just won't babysitting for you. :)
no one should take that test more than once during their pregancy...
lets go out to celebrate and get some dessert...
come to jaynes' shower, i am making sheryls cheesecake.....
Oh Happy Day! I am thrilled for you and can't wait to see what you are having!:)
Hooray that you passed! The exact same thing happened to me, the 3 hour test is the worst! Yuck.
And let me officially say congrats! I heard that you were expecting but never get the chance to tell you how completely thrilled I am for you and your family. What a lucky little boy (my guess) to come to such a fun family.
Can you mainline chocolate? Why didn't I know this?
YEAH! I'm so glad. That diet is a killer! Too bad you can't celebrate with a big huge chocolate bar ha ha
Post a Comment