Saturday, January 10, 2009

On the ingenuity of small children...

The other day I came downstairs to find both Adam and Ellie sucking on lollipops. Given that I had not handed them out, and the candy stash is on top of the fridge, well out of their reach, I was more than a little puzzled about how it had happened. Their answers to my questions about how it had happened were not at all clear and only left me more confused.

I assumed, as you would, that Adam had been the ringleader... after all, he's older, bigger, taller, more likely to be able to reach the top of the fridge somehow... until I came downstairs again yesterday morning and found this:


I really shouldn't be surprised. And I would like to say, in my own defence, that she is adamantly picking her own clothes these days and I am not responsible for that colour combination.

4 comments:

LeBaron Family said...

hahahahaha! My Little Man is starting to do that!

SVB said...

LOL! That is awesome and you even got a picture of her in the act too! They sure are clever at this young age and me? I just feel even more stupid at the end of each day...parenthood is wonderful ain't it?!?

Judy and Mike said...

One time when our second oldest wanted something that was up very high he took one chair and put it on top of another and took a belt and tided them up together. When there is a will there is a way.

Melissa said...

That is precious! Irritating, but precious. Way to have your camera handy! Did you get rid of the stool? Ha, ha. She'll find something else. I really enjoy your blog!