We do it once a year....
Last week we had friends in town who invited us to the beach. I hate the beach. It terrifies me! I grew up on a beach in the summer and I honestly don't know how my mother did it and stayed sane. She had five to watch, and we were all in the water for most of the day. The water in the English Channel is much, much different (there's no waves and no surfing) and the waves here are just scary by contrast.
On the way to the beach we actually stopped at Target and I bought the most expensive and expansive collection of sand toys I could find, in the vain hope that proper sand toys would keep them out of the water. We never have enough spades for everyone.... and it worked, for about ten minutes. And after that I spent the afternoon at the water's edge, counting heads.
The kids had a thoroughly fabulous time at the beach. We really will have to do it again.... next year!
Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Have you been to Newport near 28th Street? People refer to the jetty's there, and we discovered that those long rock piles that extent into the ocean are magical. There are no pounding waves, and the kids can walk out a bit into the water without going to deep or getting pummeled. We should go sometime. I was so happy that my friend introduced me to Newport.
Post a Comment