Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Birthday crazy


May is our crazy birthday month. It starts out with Jeff's, for which I am sometimes known to make a cake -

and is quickly followed by Kate's. She loved her birthday this year! I lost count of how many times I heard her say 'This is the best day of my life!'

I took treats in to her kindergarten class, where she got to be the birthday queen at the end of school. She sat in the birthday chair and answered three questions (favourite animal- unicorn. She couldn't come up with one so her friends suggested animals. The choices were hippo, walrus or unicorn so that explains that! Favourite food - ice cream; and favourite place to go - Wendy's!).


She wore her crown all day - even when we went out for dinner that evening. She didn't take it off at all!

And then it was my birthday! Jeff brought dinner home from my favourite restaurant so I didn't have to cook, which was a gift in itself. Nicholas kept asking where the presents were - and while Jeff took care of it, there wasn't really anything to unwrap. Nicholas didn't understand it at all! He can't wait for his birthday. Any time we go out he sees stuff he wants and says 'Can I have it for my birthday?' and I say yes, in the confident knowledge that he will have forgotten all about it by October. If he proves to have a good memory then I am in serious trouble, because his list of presents that he wants would run to several hundred dollars at this point!




1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh Happy Birthday to you, Jeff and little cutie! I have been so bad about birthdays, blogging, house cleaning, you name it! Jeff's cake looks delicious! And I'm glad he brought you dinner!