Friday, February 20, 2015

Pancake Day!

I found out at lunch time yesterday that it was Shrove Tuesday. I need an international calendar with US and UK holidays printed on it; I wonder if there is even such a thing? It would save me at least one last-minute trip to the supermarket for bananas and nutella and cream per year..... so maybe I don't need it all that much.

So, having found out that it was pancake day, and having made the necessary preparations - which included buying a new frying pan because you cannot flip pancakes on old mis-shapen pans with a less than pristine non-stick coating (I know this from experience) we had pancakes for dinner. Yummy savoury ones, traditional English lemon and sugar ones, and of course big gigantic ones stuffed full with strawberries, bananas, and nutella. I do love pancake day, and I'm glad not to have missed it this year!

              Look Mum, my hands are clean! Even if my face is not....

2 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Sounds delicious!

Melissa said...

There has to be a place to buy a calendar with both sets of holidays. Have you Googled?