Friday, July 4, 2014

Thursday by the numbers

Took me five hours just to get this point... before the real work starts!
40lbs of cherries, a 9am start, 3 and a half hours pitting cherries, lunch, a three hour break to take the kids to the bounce house, another hour and a half pitting cherries, 21 cups of sugar, an entire pound of Clear Jel, 4 batches of cherry pie filling, one 11:15pm run to the grocery store for 4 tbsp of lemon juice, a 12:30am finish, and 32 jars of cherry pie filling.


At about 10pm I said 'I never want to see another cherry again in my life' and Adam said 'Yeah, until the next time you see cherries on sale for 98c a pound and you'll say 'Ooooh, cherries!' and we'll do it again.'

I think he's probably right.


1 comment:

Jennifer B. said...

Ooooh, those are beautiful!! Nice work!