This is so lame. I don't really use Pinterest for much besides being a virtual recipe box. A few days ago I made a lemon pudding from an amalgamation of other people's recipes, and now I need somewhere to keep it. Most recipes call for lemon pudding mixes, but I generally prefer to make things from scratch if I can, plus I had lemons I needed to use up. So this is an all natural lemon layer pudding (apart from the cool whip!), put on the blog purely because I need to pin it to keep it!
Ingredients
Base:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup butter
2 tbsp sugar
Cream Cheese layer:
1 8oz block of cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup cool whip (approx half regular sized cool whip container)
Lemon Layer:
1 cup white sugar
2 tbsp all purpose flour
3 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup water
1/2 cup milk
2 lemons, juiced and zested
2 tbsp butter
4 egg yolks, beaten
1. In a large bowl mix dry base ingredients. Beat in the butter and press into a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes and cool.
2. Beat together cream cheese, icing sugar and cool whip. Spread over cooled base.
3. In a medium saucepan, whisk
together 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in water, milk, lemon
juice and lemon zest. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently,
until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in butter. Place egg yolks in a
small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture. Whisk
egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture. Bring to a boil and
continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat. Allow to cool before pouring it over the cream cheese layer, you don't want it to melt! You also don't want it to set in the pan, so don't wait too long.
4. Top with remaining cool whip.
It was yummy....
Monday, June 23, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad you posted this. Now I can pin it too!
Post a Comment