Tuesday, January 22, 2013

PROGRESS!

I am so excited to be able to report progress on the kitchen!

We have one bank of upper cabinets in! I am thrilled. When the first one went in I will admit to a little trepidation.... the old kitchen had tiny cupboards and a drop ceiling. The plan for the new kitchen has always been to raise the ceiling, and put that extra eight inches into the cabinets so that we have more room for stuff. So after some to-ing and fro-ing on the measurements, we went for it and bought full height cabinets. The first one that Jeff put in was the corner cabinet, and it is seriously massive. Enormous. And I looked at it and started to worry about what the kitchen was going to look like!


And then he carried on down the line, and things started to look awesome!


I seriously cannot wait to get more of them in! The next step is lower cabinets.... which means that we have to say goodbye to the kitchen sink and actually make a decision on countertops. Given our track record on decisions, we are likely to be sink-less for a while. Let's hope not too long... and at least the dishwasher still works!

3 comments:

J said...

They are so pretty!

Melissa said...

I'm so excited for you that things are moving along. Can we come to dinner when you're done? Or can I just come over and see the cabinets? :D

shari berry bo-berry said...

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!