Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Nicholas is two!

Nicholas turned two on Saturday. It was obvious quite quickly on Saturday morning that he was now very definitely two... he helped himself to two cupcakes by dragging a chair across the kitchen to where they were stored safely out of his reach. All in the time it took me to load up the car for football.  Here's to a glorious year of him starting to do things himself...


Once again, the only reason he had a birthday party is because he tagged along on Gavin's. This year was a Blue's Clues party - complete with handy dandy notebooks, mailbox, and shovel and pail. (I should just rename this blog the 'Kristie Kerr is awesome' blog.)


Kristie even had a thinking chair. Here's Gavin being all cute and sitting in the thinking chair with his notebook.


Here's Nicholas refusing to sit in the thinking chair and be cute.


Here's Gavin being all cute and playing the clue game.


Here's Nicholas stealing food.


And here's Gavin eyeing Nicholas' cupcake....


which of course lead to the inevitable!


And this is the only picture I have with Nicholas smiling at his party - holding his two favourite presents, an airplane from Izzy and a big blue elephant from Aunt Kristie. This really was the only time he cracked a smile the whole time.


Which, when I think about it, is exactly in keeping with tradition for my two-year olds.



5 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

This is priceless! I love the faces of your 2 year olds. Unforgettable.

shari berry bo-berry said...

oh i am so sad I missed it! and ellie's face in that last pic is to die for! LOVE it!

J said...

Oh my goodness! I totally chuckled seeing the faces of the two year olds in your family. That is really funny Alex!!

Linda said...

Happiest of birthdays to your last (?) two-year-old...and you can totally go ahead and call it the 'Kristie is Awesome Blog'...I'm thinking of changing the title of ours to match.

Kristie K. said...

HAHAHAHA!!!

that picture of Ellie is pure awesome!

Thank you for making the delish cupcakes, Gavin stole some extra's too!