Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Time Out for Adults?

The other day Ellie was on time out, I forget what for. When she emerged from the bathroom she asked if she had to do sixty when she was a grown-up. I didn't have a clue what she was talking about, which is often the case with Ellie's initial questions. You have to ask more questions to understand where her mind is at!

So I asked her what she meant. She said 'When I'm a grown-up, and I'm still living with you, like when I'm sixty, will I have to do sixty minutes?'

Our time-out rule is one minute per age. So of course I told her yes, when she's sixty I'll have to put her on time-out for an hour!

7 comments:

Monique said...

I'm sure you did agree that she would have a 60 minute time-out but in your mind you're thinking, "heck, don't be planning of still being with us when you're 60!"

Keri and Neal said...

If she's still with you at age sixty, then YOU deserve a time-out of your own! :-)

Melissa said...

Hey, at least she's thinking she'll be with you at 60. That means she must like you and home enough to want to be there forever. :) I love how their little brains work.

Stevens Family said...

she is the funniest kid! :)

Kristie K. said...

And we know she will probably need one. ;)

LeBaron Family said...

I love her logic!

Lois Lane said...

I wish someone would put me on a time out! When she is 60 she will welcome the nap!