Before I started, I had all sorts of grand plans to make loads of food. There are patterns and tutorials all over the internet for everything you can think of; pizza, pasta, sushi, you name it...
Once I started, and realised exactly how long this was all going to take (answer: a very, very long time indeed. I have done nothing else for a couple of weeks now...) I decided to confine myself to any food that you can take on a picnic.
So, here we have it... everything you need to make sandwiches:
There were a couple of things that just don't fit in a picnic but that I absolutely couldn't resist:
Lots and lots of lovely fruit:
And of course, dessert. Who doesn't love ice cream and donuts?
I am not too happy with the Dr Suess looking ice cream, but just look at those waffle cones! I made those!
And finally, the pièce de resistance:
This one just about sent me over the edge. After I had done all that embroidery down the sides I could barely see straight, and I decided I was done. DONE! Once I started I realised that doing it all in secret was impossible. Naptime was just not long enough! So she has seen a few of these things in progress, but hopefully when she gets the set on Christmas morning she will love it. And if she doesn't, then I think Ellie and I will play with them instead.
15 comments:
WOW!!! You are one amazing woman, that is all I can say. I love it!
Unbelievable!! It is so so cute, alex!
Wow! Absolutely beautiful!! (I'd be tempted to put them on display and not let anyone touch them.) You are so talented--I'm sure she'll love them!
wow! those are the cutest! I would have LOVED those when I was a little girl. She will too! You are amazing!
Sooo awesome! Love ya, Alex.
You are AMAZING!!! I'm sure she won't appreciate the time you put into all that, but all of us moms do!! :) Merry Christmas!
ok....I know you may have damaged your eyes beyond repair...but it was sooooo worth it !!!That is one fabulous present on so many levels. I want my own set !
You are phenomenal! Seriously - I am so impressed! Will you take orders?!
AMAZING! You are an awesome Mom who just earned herself bonus points.
Those are SERIOUSLY AWESOME! Totally sellable! Anyone would love to get those as a present! I'm sure she'll love them! Great Job! You Rock!
Amazing gifts, very impressed, I think I can appreciate how much time went into them, but maybe not. Fully embracing the moll I see..good work.
Wow amazing gifts, crazee needl skillz. I think I can appreciate the time that went into these, but maybe I do not truly understand having only ever made a pillow case on a sewing machine. But its nice to see you're fully embracing the moll, good work.
I dont know how to use blog spot; just seeing if you read all of these or if you blog screen like you call screen.
Oh my gosh! Alex, those are adorable. You are incredible and have so many talents! I am so impressed!!!
They are beautiful! I told you that they took a lot of time. Love, love your pie! What a treasured gift she can play with for a long time. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment