Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cherry ripe...

I have many faults, and if you asked him to pick one, Jeff would be hard put to confine himself to just one. However, nearly at the top of his list is the fact that although I bake (a lot), I do not bake pies. Specifically, fruit pies. And even more specifically, cherry pies - his favourite.



Hopefully this will go some way to addressing that! Enough pie filling for nine or ten cherry pies, for the equivalent cost of about two-and-a-half store-bought pies.

I cannot help feeling, though, that it is a shame that fruit comes into season in the summer when it is hotter than Hades in my kitchen and my water bath canner took a full two hours to reach a rolling boil. Cherry ice cream sounds so much better right now!

5 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

i don't make pie either...any kind of pie. but mmmmm those cherries look delicious!!!!!!!!! :)

Melissa said...

Wow! Good for you. My mother-in-law made homemade pie crust, but I have never tried it. Luckily, my husband has not requested it. By the way, cherry pie is my favorite fruit pie! :D

LeBaron Family said...

Oh but they look soo beautiful!!!
Next time let's just use my pressure cooker. Takes less time and we can heat up MY house.

SVB said...

Ummmm since we live a lot closer now, can I have a jar :)

Jennifer B. said...

That's incredible!