This is the cake that I made for Jeff's birthday. I made it from scratch. I made it on Mother's Day. The icing involved whipping egg whites over a double boiler. It took a long time. It was not a simple cake. There was maple syrup involved.
Jeff's verdict? 'Tastes like a pancake.' Next year he will be lucky if he gets a cake out of a box with frosting out of a can.
Kate turned two last week. Maybe the rejection on the previous cake doused my enthusiasm somewhat, so she did get a cake out of a box! Having spent two days singing 'Happy Birthday' to herself, she did not like being sung to - at all! She looked quite cross and she went all shy, in fact I think it's the only time I have seen her fazed by anything! But she did enjoy eating her cake and loved opening her presents.
And finally, my birthday is not on Wednesday. I have decided to skip it, on the theory that if I ignore it, it will ignore me.
6 comments:
Come on, deal with it!! You're turning 40 and it will be FABULOUS!!!! Don't let it go by and do nothing, do something outrageous! Love ya babes!
Happy Birthday to all, definitely including you, Alex.
I guess we'll have to celebrate without you. Hee, hee. The zeros don't matter. :)
Yes happy birthday to everyone! Your cake you made for Jeff looks beautiful, and you SHOULD go out and celebrate with Jeff for your birthday! You deserve it, lady! Hugs!
Have a happy birthday anyway.
If it makes you feel better the maple cake at least looks amazingly yummy. Happy B-day to the bunch of you! Ignoring it will NOT make it go away--embrace, embrace, embrace!
Post a Comment