Apparently, Ellie has gone and got herself engaged. I know this because of a conversation I had yesterday with the dad of one of Adam's friends.
A couple of weeks ago, while she was out playing at the neighbourhood playground, she knocked on RJ's door and asked if she could speak to him. His dad answered the door and told Ellie that RJ was doing his homework and couldn't come out. So Ellie asked if she could go in, because she really needed to talk to him. Again, his Dad said no, because RJ needed to finish his homework. So having been denied entry two or three times, Ellie finally says 'Well, can you just tell him that someday I'm going to marry him. I just wanted him to know.'
It's nice to know that she's not the sort of girl that will sit around waiting to be asked, though I'm not sure that we needed to figure that out quite this early!
However, I don't think this will turn out to be a lasting engagement. And I think for it to really count, the other party involved has to actually be aware that he has been proposed to!
Monday, April 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh. My. Gosh. That is absolutely hilarious! What a spunky gal! I love it!
Uh oh. I hope RJ never finds out that she showed Josh Hanson her knickers in sunbeams... that might make him jealous.
I'll believe it when I see the ring. :-)
That is SO funny! I love her "go gettum' personality!"
That is so cute and it could really happen some day. Who knows?
Post a Comment