Friday, September 10, 2010

Ellie's first day of school

Ellie's first day of school was a great one! She was 'a little excited' in the morning and then when I picked her up from the bus it all came pouring out. I will let her tell it in her own words, as near as I can remember!

'Mum, Mum, guess what, you don't have to send me with a packed lunch any more because they serve sandwiches at my school! CHEESE ones! And I had a pretzel! And we did assembly and we sang 'these are the days of the week' and 'these are the months of the year' and it was really fun! And my teacher had me write my name on a piece of paper, and we drawed pictures of ourselves, and we had recess and it was fun! And the bus went really really fast and it was so fun! But the only thing is, we didn't learn to read or write yet.'




3 comments:

Monique said...

Oh my, doesn't Ellie look so grown up! Glad it went well!

Tiffany J said...

Sounds like the PERFECT first day! She looks so grown up with her backpack and cute outfit!

REGS said...

So cute! She's becoming a school girl already! Glad things are going well!