Friday, April 2, 2010

Ellie strikes again...

...which should come as no surprise to anyone!

The other day Jeff was laying carpet on the landing, and he asked the kids to stay off the stairs while he was going up and down. Ellie had to be reminded a couple of times, and finally Jeff had to tell her to get off the stairs. He didn't shout. He was just talking to her.

And then, she came downstairs and pulled out some paper and went to work. I have to say, when I saw the picture in progress I was totally gleeful, just overjoyed that Jeff was getting the Ellie treatment and that she was not reserving her wrath for only me! She asked me to write on it, and then went upstairs and presented it to Daddy. He laughed his head off. Wouldn't you?




So now both of us have beautifully detailed pictures of our awful shouting. Marvellous.

After she had presented her picture to Dad, she brought it back downstairs, handed it to me, and said 'I want you to put this on your blog.' So I have.

The next time she does something totally rotten, I am going to draw a picture of myself all sad and disappointed and give it to her. It's clearly the best way to communicate.

9 comments:

Kristie K. said...

her art skills are amazing!!!

Great idea to draw a picture of her when she upsets you. It is a great way to communicate, and you can start a family book to laugh at later...

Monique said...

Awesome! I can't wait until I see your picture (not that I want Ellie to be bad or anything :)

shari berry bo-berry said...

so glad you actually posted it! CLASSIC! :) and please do post your picture when you draw one for her...

Melissa said...

Oh my. What are we going to do with these children? I'm not sure how I'm going to survive mine for the next 10 years. :o

Sarah said...

Ha. Brilliant Alex. I love all the teeth. And I finally got Nathan to figure out how to leave a comment. Yes, I am that rubbish with computers.

REGS said...

Loved this! Very smart idea to draw one of her when she's naughty or makes you upset. It probably will help her really grasp how her actions effect others. I'll have to figure out a way to communicate with my boys in a way that they do to me. Thanks for posting!

SVB said...

That is awesome...Ellie cracks me up! You will have to save it and present it to her later on down the road when she has her own kids!

Rachel said...

I love Ellie...her stories always make my day. Remind me never to get on the wrong side of Jeff..he looks ferocious !!!

Jaimers said...

I can't stop laughing! She is too funny...and clever!