Friday, February 12, 2010

In the absence of anything substantial to say, I thought I'd post some pictures...

This is Jeff's homemade firepit, which I was initially totally opposed to, and now I think that when this one burns out (which will happen pretty soon) we might actually have to get a real one. The kids love it! Believe me, Adam does love it, though he pulls some awful faces for the camera these days. We did this on what felt like one of the few days recently that was dry enough to actually build a fire!



What is wrong with their real beds? Really? Can anyone who has figured this out please let me know? These photos are from the same night last week. We didn't find them until we went to bed, when general re-arranging had to take place.





And this is what Kate chose to do while I was uploading these photos.



My life as I know it is over. She has been crawling for about a month, but I can still put her down and know where she is. Deciding to climb the stairs is a totally new thing! She showed no signs of stopping, either. So this is where I put a stop to her...



I'm off to go and dig the baby gate out of the attic.

4 comments:

Melissa Farr said...

Oh no Alex, Kate is a climber. Kaylynn is still happy to be sitting . No crawling yet. Her brothers give her everything she wants so she sees no need to move. Your kiddos look so cute. We miss you guys.

REGS said...

Cool fire pit! We could have marshmallow cookouts at your house now! ;-) I hope the baby gate works to keep Kate from the stairs. Good luck! Love it when you post!

Our family said...

Yikes! Life as you know it is over!! Once they start climbing stairs, it doesn't stop there! Your kids are darling! It's fun to read your posts! Love ya!

Kristie K. said...

oh no kate!!!
now we have to watch the stairs when we do family history. Hopefully she won't learn to go around the side. good luck. and i miss you