Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go AWAY!

I'm done.

I might be English, and I might actually miss rain, but this week, I am DONE!

We have had to sandbag our garage to prevent further flooding. It got flooded out during Tuesday's tornado watch - which I had to go out in, to get Adam from school, and basically drove through a river down the street... there were cars with submerged trunks out there, the water was so high. And I was driving through it.

Ellie's shoes got wet on Monday and are still wet. Every day she finds a new puddle to walk in. She is getting the message that I don't want her to walk through the puddles, so now when she comes to one she just stands there and looks confused.

The two older ones stay indoors all day and trash the house. And then complain about having to clean it up. Where is Breck and his scooter when we need him? Oh yeah, at home because it's RAINING.

It's cold and it's wet, and it needs to stop.

10 comments:

Monique said...

Wow, didn't know it rained in California ;) Love ya!

Jessica said...

couldn't have put it any better myself. i'm so looking forward to sunshine on saturday! lets all go out and play!

REGS said...

You Are HILARIOUS!!! Just love you! Diddo with the kids thoroughly trashing every inch of the house and then not helping to clean it up. Luckily it'll be over in a day or two! Excited for Saturday!

Melissa said...

Kelly was scoffing at we Americans yesterday. He tells me this weather is typical in Scotland and they live with it all the time. I can appreciate that he has something to compare to having lived there. I however, do not. I am ready for the sun again.

Jennifer B. said...

I can't take kids indoors all day.

Fortunately, I had a brainstrom this week that made it a little easier--I sent them out.

But first,

Had the kids lay P'J's out.
Set an empty laundry basket by the door.
Loaded clean dry towels and blankets in the dryer.

When they came in, they had to strip, put wet clothes in the basket, dry off with warm towels, and put on P'J's. Then we had hot chocolate.

Might do that again today!

Judy and Mike said...

Amen sister.

LeBaron Family said...

Seriously. Breck wanted to do scooters so bad but where have we been . . . .stuck inside!
Next week we are going out!

allypally said...

Jennifer that is seriously a brilliant idea. My main problem this week has been lack of waterproof footwear.. which has stopped us venturing out at all. We need wellie boots, or shoes that don't come from Payless, or something else that works!

Linda said...

Love it! That was always a complaint of SoCal: them streets just aren't made for drainin'! Stay dry!

SVB said...

Well you got your wish Alex...I am blaming the absence of rain on you! We love the rain, coming from the desert and all...miss you guys! Let's meet in the middle for dinner again soon!

Oh, and thank you for sending me the cute flower hair bow pattern, now I need to make one!