I asked Ellie to go and get me a different dummy. Now, whenever you tell Ellie to do anything she comes right back at you with any number of reasons why she will not, or should not, or just plain is not going to do what you just said. So Kate is screaming, and as every mother knows the louder the screams get the part of your brain that actually works gets smaller and smaller, and you feel more and more frantic, and Ellie is twirling around in the kitchen explaining to me how we just need to show Kate the pretty flowers on the dummy she has and she'll like it. At this point I can't take any more screaming and I don't think pretty flowers are going to cut it anyway, so I tell Ellie again to go get me a different dummy, and as she starts to refuse again I will admit that I snapped at her. I don't admit to shouting, but I got quite short and told her to get upstairs and get me a different dummy, now, and fast.
She was not happy with me, but she came back downstairs with the right dummy and peace was restored. And then about five minutes later she showed up and told me that every time I shout at her, she wants me to look at this picture and think about her crying because I shout.

Those are not rosy cheeks, those are big fat tears. And just look at all my teeth! I love how mad I look! I am a little concerned though, that I am actually smaller than Ellie, but in her mind that's exactly right... she is more important than mere parents.
This really was a disproportionate response to what actually happened. I swear I didn't shout. And, please refrain from telling me how much trouble I am in with Ellie, when she gets a little older. I already know.
11 comments:
That's hilarious! WOW!
I just laugh because I think how preposterous that would have been to do to my mother. She would have punished me for drawing the picture! Since when do kids think they rule the roost? Sheesh.
oh Alex...I have to laugh because I am at that moment EVERY DAY with my kids and I am not just "short" with them. I yell!
She is a smart girl and I think she gets it from her mom. She will understand someday...when she has little girls of her own!:)
Oh I yell... and I yell quite frequently too! But I really didn't shout then, and that's why I'm so surprised at her reaction!
The hardest lesson in her life is going to be learning that she's not actually in charge... we work on it every day!
Oprah's couch awaits that young lady...my kids already have plenty of ammo with which to crucify me at a moment's notice. Stuff to look forward to after all our time, trouble, stretch marks, etc.
I am rolling with laughter!!!!
You need to scrapbook that page and story. And she is a gifted artist, by the way.
Priceless!
I actually covered my mouth with laughter on this one Alex! Wow.
Alex, I am cracking up at my computer! That is seriously hilarious! She is a little girl who is keeping you on your toes!!
That deserves to be framed!!!She completely cracks me up !
Alex, this post made me laugh out loud! So hilarious! That is a pretty detailed picture for one so young. :) I'm still chuckling...
Post a Comment