Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008, you sucked

Good riddance to you, 2008. I can't remember the last time I was so glad to get through one year and on to the next!

2008 was not much fun in these parts. There were some amazingly good times, but they shine so bright because the rest of the year was so dark. But I am grateful that we had the shiny moments to hang on to - visits from friends (we miss you, Monique and Fraser!) visits from family - lots of family!, and finding out I was pregnant (FINALLY - after more time and setbacks than I thought I could cope with!)

This morning I had to go back for a second ultrasound. I spent a sleepless night last night (which sounds very trite, written on the page, but I am truly feeling the effects of it today!) I thought that either it would be bad news (and I have imagined every possible kind of bad news over the last 24 hours) and that would mean that 2008 was going out with a bang, throwing crap at us right up until the very last day. If it was good news, I decided I would take that as symbolic that 2009 would be better for our family.

Turns out, the ultrasound tech had the setttings wrong, and done on a different machine, all is well. Huge relief.

As we approach 2009, Jeff is working again, the kids are happy and healthy, and that is as much as we can ask for, and we are very, very grateful for it.

Bring it on, 2009. We can handle you!

5 comments:

Linda said...

It's like poetry, Alex...wishing you all the best this new year! Love ya!

Kristie K. said...

This is going to be a great year!!!

how could it not be with this sweet little angel joining your family....

plus we are finally going to be up todate with our scrapbooking...and i really mean it this year....

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry that this year stunk for you. Hope the next one brings more happy moments than not. Happy New Year!

Keri and Neal said...

Glad you got in touch with our blog and now I see yours! You are expecting just a week or so before us! How cool! Congratulations to you guys. Here's to a wonderful 2009.

Maria said...

here here! I totally agree with you!