A few weeks ago we were running errands in the car and were stopped at a red light. Adam started chanting 'Change, light, change!' and after about five seconds the light changed to green. He was astonished, and said 'How did that happen?' and like a fool I said 'You must be magic.' So of course, he now firmly believes that he is magic and has the power to control the traffic lights.
At first it was all wondrous and new, and he loved to control the lights, which involved an awful lot of chanting, and honestly, sometimes I could barely hear myself think over the roars of 'Change, light, change!' from the back of the car. This afternoon we were driving home from running errands, and were once again stopped a red light. Instead of the usual chant of 'change, light, change!' instead I heard a little voice from the back of the car say 'Just let me know if you want me to use my powers.'
At least he doesn't think he can fly. But I think I need to be more careful with what I say!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hilarious! I think it's funny that even he seemed to get bored of his superpowers! xx
He is so sweet and helpful....
i loved it when i told him only jedi's could turn on my light saber key chain. He so bought it and talked about how he must be a jedi awhile after that.
(confession, sometimes when i watch adam and he wants soemthing or asks something i don't want to deal with right then, i tell only grady kerr knows about that. Then grady gets bombared when he comes home, it's kinda funny)
Awesome! I've also found that the few hundred times my magical powers don't seem to immediately work, I get humble about 'em, too. Doesn't diminish their existence, though, does it?
Post a Comment